The Norristown football and girls lacrosse players involved in NFL leadership program are doing service work at FDR Park in Philadelphia.
The NFL’s Leadership Program provides high school football players with an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills through participation in an interactive character development presentation with NFL Player Engagement’s Player Prep, community service activity, and competitive activities led by the National Guard via their leadership reaction course.
The program is held over the course of one day.
The character development session consists of interaction between participants and with the guest presenters. It is very thorough and every participant walks away learning something they didn’t know before the session.
Community service activities have included park clean-up projects, food bank volunteer opportunities, and working with special needs individuals.
All participants must be referred in order to participate.The criteria for referral are listed below.
- have a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- have completed their sophomore year of high school.
- have at least 80% attendance at school.
- be a member of the school’s football team.
- demonstrate leadership qualities such as teamwork, integrity, dedication, and commitment.
- be available to attend all events on day of program