On May 27, the East Norriton Middle School winners of the Respect – Inclusion –Unity contest, sponsored by the East Norriton Human Relations Commission, were honored with individual certificates during a regular meeting of the East Norriton Supervisors.
The winners submitted an essay, poem or art project earlier in the year that was selected as one of the top 12 entries surrounding the theme of Respect-Inclusion-Unity.Congratulations to our winners:
- First Place 8th grade: Justine Volandt
- Second Place 8th grade: Shenaia Ramsey
- Third Place 8th grade: Simran Nair
- Honorable Mention 8th grade: Leidy Flores Vargas
- First Place 6th grade: Matthew McCray
- Second Place 6th grade: Oxirydiana Salas-Carmona
WRITTEN WORD ESSAY
- First Place: Raylah Kitchens
- Second Place: Francis Napoli
- Third Place: Randee Wismer
- First Place: Camryn Duncan
- Second Place: Shyanee Boyle and Nayquan Pugh
- Third Place: Samuel Rosenberg
On May 5, all thirty-three 6th and 8th grade contest participants had the opportunity to visit the Pennsylvania State Capitol, compliments of the East Norriton Human Relations Commission.This full day activity included:*Travel to the Capitol*Lunch*Meeting Representative Bradford, Senator Leach, and Ms.Shannon Powers,the Director of Communications for the PA Human Relations Commission. Our students received awards!*Capitol Tour*Announced as guests during the opening of the House of Representatives meeting*Visit the room where the Governor signs Bills into LawsThank you to the East Norriton Human Relations Commission for such a great day!
for such a great day!