Facility Use InformationThe Norristown Area School District Board of School Directors encourages community use of school facilities when such use is in the public interest, does not conflict with school activities, and is not detrimental to the purpose of schools. Residents, staff members, and community groups can make facility use requests by following the steps below:All facility use requests are completed online. The first step needed to make an online facility use request is to create an ML Schedules user account. You can do so by clicking the link below. Be sure to complete all information fields and then click the submit button. If your registration was successful, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. The links below will provide additional information if needed:Once your account is created, you can start making facility reservations using ML Schedules. Click the icon to the left to reach the Log In screen. The video below will further explain the reservation process, as will the Community User Quick Start Guide:Facility Use General Guidelines
- School groups and programs are given priority usage of all District facilities.
- Applications will not be processed without all completed information, including the certificate of insurance. The School District requires all non-school groups to furnish a Certificate of Insurance ($1,000,000 minimum liability coverage) that lists the Norristown Area School District as "Additional Insured."
- Users will be billed after the event in accordance with the schedule of usage fee or rental charges. In addition to the facility rental fees, renters will pay fees for custodial, cafeteria, and light/sound technician services and other fees associated with the rental. All checks should be made payable to the Norristown Area School District.
- The group using school facilities is responsible for providing adequate supervision of the activity. The user is not permitted to enter into any area other than those areas identified in the reservation.
- Organizations and groups using school facilities must designate one adult member of its group to be in charge of and responsible for the program or activity at the time application for use of the facilities is made.
- The Norristown Area School District reserves the right to request an organization to arrange for security protection, activity personnel and/or traffic supervision. Such requests will be at the discretion of Administration and at the expense of the lessee. All personnel shall be those who have been approved by the Norristown Area Board of Education.
- The following items have are prohibited: smoking, use of tobacco products and/or illegal drugs and alcohol on all school property (indoor or outdoor). If this provision is violated, the renting organization will be denied the privilege of any further rental for the remainder of school year.
- On days when school is cancelled or dismissed early because of unexpected circumstances (i.e. severe weather), all activities are cancelled.
- No organized groups are permitted to use the School District's athletic fields or indoor facilities without prior approval.
- Please read the Policy 707 for Use of District Facilities for additional information regarding facility usage in the Norristown Area School District.
Legal DisclaimersHold Harmless Clause: The User(s) undertakes and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the school, school board, school board elected and appointed officials, administrators, principals, teachers and all other school employees, volunteers or representatives, and all persons and bodies corporate acting for or on behalf of them, against all liability, claims, demands, actions, suits, damages, proceedings, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) whatsoever (including injury to persons and damage to property) for which they may be or become liable directly or indirectly arising out of the use of School premises by the User(s) (or the servants, agents or invitees of the User/s)), and for such further sums in excess of those contained in any insurance policy procured by User(s) relating to the use of the School premises or for such amounts as may not be payable under any such insurance policy.Certificate of Insurance: The User(s) is to take out and maintain current throughout the term of this agreement a General Liability insurance policy with a reputable insurer, having an A.M. Best rating of A- or better, in which (a) the School is indemnified in an amount not less than $1 million for any claims whatsoever (including injury to persons or damage to property) arising out of the use of the School premises by the User(s); (b) the Norristown Area School District is named as an Additional Insured under the policy; and (c) the policy or a certificate of insurance must be produced to the District prior to use of the facilities. User(s) and the District agree that any insurance policies procured by User(s) that provide benefits or protection for the District shall be primary and that any policies procured by District that might happen to provide protection or benefits to the District arising out of User's use of the District premises shall be excess.