Payment Information
    Payment Options
    The Food Service Department uses a computerized cash register system in every cafeteria. All students are issued their own personal identification card to access their own cafeteria account. This card should be kept confidential. Students proceeding through the food service line, and scan their card at the cashier station to access their account. All students have an account in the Food Service Department.  Each student will receive one free breakfast and one free lunch each school day.  A la carte items must be paid for in full at the time of purchase.  No debits will be allowed.

    Parents do not need to "open" an account, student accounts are created when the student registers and becomes active in the District.
    The Food Service Department at Norristown Area School District is once again pleased to announce that we will be using a secure online prepayment service for student a la carte purchases.  Parents/guardians can prepay for a la carte items with a Visa or MasterCard credit card or check/debit card using the service. The online prepayment service also allows you to check student meal history, receive low balance notifications, and set spending limits.  You will need to know your student's ID number at the time you sign-up.  Please call the kitchen in your student's school for their ID if you do not know it.  The service is provided at the following website http://www.myschoolbucks.com.  There is a transaction fee of $1.95 per transaction that will be charged to the parent/guardian for every prepayment made regardless of the transaction size.  Additionally a fee of $15.00 will be charged to the parent/guardian for each disputed credit or debit card sale that is returned.  
    If you do not wish to use this service, you can continue to put money on your student’s account in the same way you have done in the past using cash or check. Send cash or check made payable to "NASD Food Service" in an envelope clearly marked with your student's name, grade and student ID number.  Your check must have your address and your phone number included. Your student should give the envelope to the cafeteria manager or cashier in the kitchen of the school they are attending. 
    You can request a "no snack" restriction be put on your student's account. Please call 610-630-5023 if you would like to set up this option. 
    Any money left in a student account will automatically rollover each year as your student changes grade and/or school.