School office hours and student hours

    Office Hours - 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    Student School Day - 9:10 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.

    How do I register my student for Kindergarten?

    Please contact the Central Registration Office to make an appointment.  610-630-5016

    Who do I contact in the office?

    Gotwals Elementary School - Main Number 610-275-1077

    If you are calling about...

    - bus problems or discipline, please ask for Mr. Sam Stansbery, Acting Lead Teacher.

    - medical problems or issues, please ask for Mrs. Kathy Sullivan, RN, Nurse.

    - your child’s lunch account please, ask for Mrs. Kathy Canavan.

    - guidance counselor, please ask for Ms. Lisa Ruggiano.

    - registration or a change of address, please ask for Mrs. Brenda Lopez.

    - attendance, please ask for Mrs. Dottie Gartman.

    - your child’s teacher, please ask for the teacher by name.

    What do I do if my child will be late or absent?

    If your child is late: A parent or guardian must report to the main office with the student, if arriving after 9:10 a.m. If the lateness was due to a doctors’visit or dentist appointment, please obtain a note from the doctor’s office to present to the office. The student will get a late slip from the office to be admitted to the classroom.
    If your child is absent: Please fill out the Official Absence Excuse Card and send it in with your child.
    Click here to download the Absence Excuse Card

    Bus Information

    If you need bus information, please call Transportation @ 610-630-50

    What is the Schools Dress Code?

    GOTWALS UNIFORM: The school uniform is as follows:
    BOY’S UNIFORM                                               GIRL’S UNIFORM

    Black slacks (Jeans ARE NOT permitted)            Black pants, jumper or skirt
    RED polo shirt                                                     RED polo shirt
    Black pullover sweater (optional)                         Black pullover sweater (optional)

    What if I want to take my child on a vacation during the school year?

    We do not encourage extended vacations during the school year. If you choose to take a family vacation during the school year, a Special Request for Absence for Student form must be obtained from the school office, completed and sent to the principal prior to the absence

    Click here to download the Special Request for Absence

    Is there daycare at Gotwals?

    The Extended School-day Children’s Center, Inc. provides child supervision from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. every school day for our students. The program is licensed by the Department of Welfare. This is a private company and is not run by the Norristown Area School District. Please call the ESCC office at 610-584-5420 for information about tuitions, schedules and program content.

    What time is early dismissal and how often does it happen?

    Early dismissal happens the first Tuesday of the month and the dismissal time is 12:20 at the Elementary Schools.