Apps for Students and Families (K-12)
- Down Dog (ages 4+)
- Yoga app offering breathing exercises, calming music, a variety of yoga poses and more; available in multiple languages
- Free for entire school until July- you may request full school access
- Headspace (ages 4+)
- Mindfulness app offers guided meditations (for stress and anxiety), restful sleep facilitation, a variety of exercise/body movement activities, and more; available in multiple languages
- Free (for the time being)
- Google Voice (ages 4+)
- Can text or call via this app
- Easy way to communicate while protecting your personal phone number from being shared
Websites/Resources for Mental Health Services (K-12)
- Connect Plus Therapy (https://www.connectplustherapy.com/) -currently providing behavioral support via telehealth for families. Contact Wendy Lax for more information: email@example.com or 860-460-7918.
- https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/mindfulness.html Childhood Stress from Kids Health. Explains stressful events, signs, and symptoms, and coping. For parents.
- https://www.seattlechildrens.org/health-safety/keeping-kids-healthy/development/coping-with-trauma-disaster/ Disasters and Scary Events - website for parents to help their children through traumatic/scary times.
- https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/mindfulness.html Mindfulness from Kids Health. Explains mindfulness, how it helps and provides interactive activities.
- https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/stress-coping-center?ref=search Teen Stress for Teen Health. Explains stressful feelings, when stress is serious, and how to get and give support.
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_Eq4TEp5my_ddDFFt9kE2hap1YPqjztE - I Didn’t Get To Say Goodbye, an interactive PDF helping children who are managing grief after losing a loved one to COVID-19.
- 866-825-5856 (call) & 215-703-8411 (text) - Teen Talk Line, offering support via text or phone call for youth.
- 855-715-8255 (call) & 267-225-7785 (text) - Peer Support Talk Line, offering support via text or phone call; peer-to-peer.
- 855-634-4673 (call) 24/7 Crisis Hotline
Websites for Food Resources in Montgomery County
- Food pantry list in Montgomery County - https://montgomerycountyalive.com/business/Food-Pantries.cfm
- Food resource list in Montgomery County - https://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCenter/View/22103/Food-Resources
- Down Dog (ages 4+)